Cigna Vice President of Sales (New Business) - Carolinas - O500 in Charlotte, North Carolina
The Vice President of Sales for the Carolinas will be responsible for the execution of a local market sales strategy for our Over 500 Buyer Group consistent with Cigna's overall value proposition that achieves improved client and customer retention, improved competitive positioning and increased membership and earnings growth while maintaining a strong brand reputation in the market. This role will lead a team in the delivery of state of the art consultative solutions that address client and customer issues around health and wellness, productivity and security. Reports directly to the Market President and is a member of the local senior leadership team in the market.
This position must have demonstrated superior capabilities in leadership, driver of business and sales plan execution, strong influencing and negotiation skills, distribution management and an ability to successfully lead in an ambiguous and changing market.
- Full accountability for sales organizational performance
- Coaches individuals in professional development
- Works with staff to build and execute individual development action plans
- Coaches team in their individual development needs. Oversees and provides input to the development of market specific sales plan
- Provides input to the development and execution of local marketing strategies
- Develops and maintains strong intelligence capability through customer/broker contact and formal competitive analysis
- Manages the development and execution of the market strategy to achieve sales plan
- Achieves sales/membership growth and persistency goals
- Achieve/exceed earnings plan
- Ensures account specific development plans promote profitable growth and a truly integrated Cigna product portfolio
- Works with Client Management and Client Strategy staff to ensure an integrated approach to account development strategies and proactive service strategy
- Works with Client Managers to manage the renewal and presentation process for assigned customers
- Develop and execute tactical plans to achieve organizational objectives
- Ensures completion of all strategic planning; holds systematic meeting schedules with staff, producer and customers
- Completes all reporting requirements on time
- Monitor critical metrics/dashboards to identify operational strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8 years of industry related experience; minimum of 5 years of sales experience required
- Sales management experience preferred, including recruitment, selection and development of new sales representatives.
- Excellent knowledge of sales management process to be responsible for developing and executing account penetration strategy with Sales and Account Management teams.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to lead a sales team and develop staff
- Demonstrated leadership skills required to support a strong sales growth result
- Enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary.
- Comfortable dealing with and managing an ever-changing, highly competitive industry/ environment; communicates optimism and confidence in the future.
- Proven experience building a competitive sales force and leading a multidisciplinary team of professionals
Primary Location: Charlotte-North Carolina
Work Locations: 11016 Rushmore Drive Suite 300 Charlotte 28277
Job: Sales-Direct Sales/Acct Mgmt
Employee Status: Manager of People
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2018, 12:55:06 PM
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. Need an accommodation? Email: SeeYourself@cigna.com