Cigna Actuarial Director in Chicago, Illinois
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
We are seeking a dynamic and creative healthcare actuary to join our Consultant and Sales Support Team in a key leadership role. The individual will have exceptional oral and written communication skills and a passion for developing new solutions. This leader will be recognized as an industry leader in the healthcare marketplace. This leader will manage a team of analysts, will drive identification and implementation of new external benchmarks, and will represent Cigna externally to our client and the consulting community regarding financial and actuarial topics.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Total Medical Cost Evaluation: Provide strategic input for consultant-based Risk Adjusted PMPM and discount submissions. Define, shape, and influence an evolving industry view of total medical cost evaluation. Develop credible actuarial measurement processes to communicate the value of new contracting and value-based arrangements.
· Consultant relations : Develop strong relationships with key constituents at primary consulting firm partners to influence external view of total medical cost. Be an influential leader in the development and communication of discount and unit cost improvement, and value-based initiatives. Identify and communicate emerging competitive trends. Lead external training and education sessions in areas of expertise.
· Sales Support: Partner with sales on new business opportunities and existing accounts to improve sales and retention results. Influence internal and external interactions related to client specific opportunities. Lead internal training and education sessions in areas of expertise.
· Competitive Assessment: Identify and implement additional sources for competitive benchmarking to measure and communicate strengths and opportunities. Enhance the benchmarking data available for contractors to leverage during negotiations to drive competitive and market leading arrangements.
· Clinical value: Ensure that our clinical and value-based story is developed with supportable actuarial and analytic rigor.
· Medical cost trend analytics : Monitor medical cost trends. Educate Sales leaders, consultants and clients on the drivers. Evaluate existing and develop new approaches to delivering on our promise of network value through trend and other performance guarantees
· Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Finance, Economics or similar degree.
· FSA designation preferred, ASA with strong track record of performance will be considered
· 5+ years of experience in a healthcare actuarial setting
· Management experience with a successful track record of developing and leading a team.
· Expert level knowledge of total medical cost concepts and methodologies in the health care environment.
· Strong working knowledge of risk adjustment models
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
We’re a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. We offer an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products that serve over 95 million customers around the world. When you work with us, you’ll enjoy a different kind of career - you’ll make a difference, learn a ton, and change the way people think about health insurance. To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Twitter or Instagram.