Cigna Behavioral Specialty Care Case Management Lead Analyst in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
The specialty care management programs help individuals make the behavioral changes and first steps necessary to initiate and engage in behavioral treatment. Our case managers are specially trained in coaching individuals with mental health and chemical dependency disorders. They have the entire suite of Cigna services available allowing them to identify and service each individual’s needs. The case manager offers Specialty Care Management services that utilize a motivational interviewing approach focusing on decreasing both internal and external barriers that may be preventing the individual from initiating and/or engaging in behavioral treatment. This approach helps the individual move toward readiness to change and results in the creation of goals that will improve their health and well-being.
This position is a great opportunity for licensed behavioral health clinicians to use their industry experience in a managed care setting focused on clinical excellence for participant members. The role offers a great salary with an excellent benefits package that starts your first day of employment including a continuing education program with funding and extra leave time.
Day Shift or Evening Shift options
• Evaluates appropriate health care services and treatment plans in conjunction with outpatient providers.
• Ensures that care management program objectives are met by evaluating the effectiveness of alternative care services and that cost effective, quality care is maintained.
• Performs care management for specialty programs in a telephonic customer- facing environment which involves utilizing a coaching approach that provides support and resources to the customers.
• Assistance in the identification of member health education needs
• Develop SMART goals with our customers to empower them to lead and maintain a healthy lifestyle
• Assesses readiness to change and implements actions to assist members in moving through stages of change to reach their goals
• Perform research for community and educational resources to assist customers in their journey
• Consult with and assist team members in cases where a member’s behavioral health or emotional issues are impacting their ability to set and/or achieve goals
• Educate and refer members on available health resources and CIGNA Medical Management as appropriate to approach customer holistically
• Collaboration with other team members such as medical directors, pharmacist, nurse clinicians, etc.
• Provides suggestions for improvements and enhancements to outpatient coaching programs based on data/experience
• Able to manage multiple health records and systems to accurately document customer interactions and progress
• Must be able to comply with HIPAA standards and regulations in telephonic conversation and in documenting medical records.
• Flexibility to assist other teams and partners as needed.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• Requires Master's degree mental health discipline and independent licensure to practice in the state of employment (LICSW, LMFT, LPC, LPCC, Licensed Psychologist or Psych RN)
• Three to five years post-license mental health experience preferred, but will also consider a new independently licensed therapist
• Experience with direct member communication (written and verbal), experience in telephonic counseling/coaching preferred
• Working knowledge of motivational strategies, materials development, training and consultation preferred.
• Proven administrative abilities, with strong computer and software application skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities including, but not limited to time management and organizational skills
• A high energy level and excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
• Passion for health improvement of members
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Ability to manage own caseload and coordinate all assigned cases
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.