Cigna Vocational Rehab Counselor (Disability Vocational Case Manager)-CRC-Eden Prairie, MN in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Determines claimant rehabilitation potential and captures necessary screening information by reviewing policyholder/claimant eligibility and disability action plans.
- Captures and modifies information relating to vocational services on a regular basis for other team members to update/modify subsequent disability action plans/claim strategies.
- Evaluates timely activity and case development of an effective return to work plan with an end result of a return to work and/or the most appropriate outcome.
- Manages the vocational services for assigned cases within specified team.
- Independently and with team members, determines claimant rehabilitation eligibility status and identification of non-standard policy language by reviewing contracts and analyzing claim information.
- Routinely evaluates case studies to identify trends, issues, and concerns. Makes any necessary modifications.
- Assists Manager and/or Sr. Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor with focus reviews and special projects.
- Evaluates timely activity and case development to complete an assessment of transferability (TSA) with an end result of a return to work and/or the most appropriate outcome.
- Completes all TSA/LMS/DOT/Occupational Assessments in a timely matter.
- Participates directly in customer service calls, visits, pre-sales, installations, and renewals.
- Consistently anticipates and pro actively addresses service related issues/concerns within required time frame to meet customer's expectations.
- Supports business retention by pro actively becoming involved with customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Pro actively seeks potential rehabilitation candidates and establishes a relationship with customers that are caring, safe, and positive.
- Provides continuous communication to team members and customers to share learnings and ensure consistency.
- Understands and is able to articulate claimant's perspective.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with customers and business partners by providing positive interaction and assistance whenever necessary.
- Provides continuous communication (updates, concerns, requests, etc.) to support consistency and share learnings.
- Facilitates relations with and between Case Managers, business partners, and customers to develop claim strategies and reduce the total cost of disability in all forms.
- Supports pricing and contract design by communicating acquired information relative to employers (e.g., layoffs, mergers, staffing changes) to business partners and Case Managers.
- Monitors and shares contract trends/performance and communicates to Case Manager and/ or Core Team Leader to ensure most effective and efficient contract for customer.
- Conducts ad hoc claim reviews when appropriate.
- Consistently provides shared learnings from claim management through post mortem process and communication vehicles.
- Consistently recognizes and leverages individual contributions and perspectives of other team members.
- Supports and participates in team and individual coaching activities.
- Actively supports and contributes to team service quality and financial objectives.
- Establishes cooperative relationships with team members to determine effective strategies to achieve individual and team objectives.
- Collaborates with team members and business partners in identifying and implementing improvement opportunities.
- Maintains rehabilitation certification requirements of the position- Professional certification as Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC )
*This is a sourcing req for current and future opportunities*
US Candidates Only : Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please visit our Careers website or contact us atSeeYourself@cigna.com.
Professional certification as Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) and a Master's Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation. (Required)
3 years Vocational Practitioner or 2 years vocational rehabilitation experience in a disability claim environment. (Required)
Solid working knowledge of computers, Outlook, MS Word. Basic knowledge of OASYS.
strong counseling skills a plus
Committed to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers. Maintains excellent customer relations while continuously identifying opportunities for improvement. (Required)
Able to solve problems, deal with concepts, and utilizes analysis, experience and judgment to make effective decisions. Demonstrated ability to recognize opportunities and take appropriate action. (Required)
Communicates information in a clear, concise, and timely manner while using appropriate verbal/written channels of communication.
Demonstrated time management skills, ability to set priorities, and identify critical tasks that deliver the highest impact.
Able to learn new technical, business, and system skills quickly.
Demonstrates ability to understand new industry, company, and product knowledge quickly and proficiently.
Ability to develop comprehensive knowledge of CIGNA Group Insurance mission and values, structure, products, and marketing process.
Ability to understand DMS contribution to CIGNA Group Insurance profitability and the financial effects of decisions and operating expenses.
Demonstrates the ability to function as an individual and a team member. Willing to share information and resources.
Delivers the highest quality services which meet and exceed the requirements of our customers.
Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement by participating in a learning environment.
Primary Location: Eden Prairie-Minnesota
Work Locations: 11095 Viking Dr Eden Prairie 55344
Job: Med Mgt--Case Management
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 13, 2017, 5:16:06 PM
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. Need an accommodation? Email: SeeYourself@cigna.com