Cigna Clinical Pharmacist (Cigna Medical Group) in Glendale, Arizona
This role supports Cigna Medical Group and is responsible for diabetes management,Chronic Special Needs Plan (CSNP) pharmacy reviews and post hospital medication reconciliation for our Paseo, North Valley and Arrowhead Ranch clinics.The role assists in the development and execution of numerous initiatives that improve the quality or cost effectiveness of drug therapy in coordination with other care team members and physicians as identified.
·Performs as a Clinical Pharmacist for the assigned healthcare centers.
·Assists in the development, support and monitoring of disease management and drug utilization management programs.
·Identifies classes of drug therapy with potential for improvement in quality of care, increased efficiency, and improved cost-effectiveness.
·Has responsibility for development and monitoring of internal detailing process.
·Offers Provider, patient and pharmacy education through newsletters, presentations/in-services and one-on-one contact.
·Has frequent one-on-one contact with Providers to discuss quality of care, cost effectiveness and utilization management.
·Serves as a clinical pharmacy resource for Pharmacists and Providers.
- Licensed Pharmacist in the State of Arizona required
- Minimum of 2 years of Pharmacy experience required
- 2 years of experience in clinical pharmacy or completion of a clinical pharmacy Residency program with a minimum of one year of experience in a managed care setting highly preferred
- Additional credentials such as BCACP, BCPS, CDE is a plus
- Experience/training in medication reconciliation and MTM services preferred
- A current and exemplary body of clinical pharmacy knowledge required
- Ability to communicate and maintain effective interpersonal and working relationships with professional and support staff, providers and all customers
- Ability to effectively teach/educate Providers and staff members
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient technical skills utilizing Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Primary Location: Glendale-Arizona
Work Locations: 5891 W. Eugie Ave. Glendale 85304
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 9, 2018, 2:47:37 PM
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. Need an accommodation? Email: SeeYourself@cigna.com