Cigna Employee Assistance Consultant - EAP in Glendale, California
As an EAP EAC, you’ll work directly with
client contacts to help them problem-solve workplace issues and respond to crisis incidents that affect their workforce.
The EAC plays a critical role in helping managers, human resources professionals, and other high-level company personnel decide how to respond to workplace situations that may be confusing, stressful, or dangerous.
The focus of a management consultation might be a suicidal employee. You may be responding to behavioral needs in the wake of a natural disaster or shooting. It may be a challenging employee performance issue or giving language to address an employee’s personal hygiene. The range of diverse concerns provides an opportunity to apply your clinical expertise and customer support experience on a daily basis.
• Provides consultation to client company members at all levels regarding workplace concerns. Consultation may focus on specific employee issues related to job performance problems as well.
• Facilitates referrals from company managers and follows the appropriate Cigna Behavioral Health and/or client company protocol for EAP referrals based on job performance decline, positive alcohol/drug screens, drug free workplace policies, and/or federal mandates for employees covered under Department of Transportation regulations.
• Consults with managers regarding policy implications, positioning and interface with EAP.
• Facilitates critical incident response by consulting with requesting manager and direct service providers to arrange appropriate clinical services, including onsite services.
• Responds immediately to crisis calls, provide crisis assessment and intervention.
• Uses continuous collaboration consultation on cases to ensure quality service delivery.
• Provides clinical review with EAP providers. Educates EAP providers regarding Cigna EAP protocols and expectations and monitors compliance to standards.
• Responds to service delivery concerns and complaints.
• Master’s degree in clinical or counseling field.
• Current licensure to practice as an independent mental health professional (LICSW, LMFT, LPC, LADC, psychiatric RN or licensed psychologist).
• CEAP required to obtain within 2 years of employment.
• EAP experience strongly preferred, but not required.
• Training and experience in chemical dependency preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years post-masters clinical experience and a demonstrated understanding of multiple therapeutic modalities, including brief therapy, substance abuse approaches, and managed care.
• Thorough knowledge of current principles and practices in employee assistance field.
• Excellent communication, organizational and consultative skills.
• Knowledge and experience in crisis management.
• Customer service orientation and experience.
• Demonstrated assessment and diagnostic skills.
Primary Location: Eden Prairie-Minnesota
Other Locations: United States-California-Glendale, United States-Maryland-Baltimore, United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh, United States-Texas-Plano, United States-Missouri-St Louis, United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Work Locations: 11095 Viking Dr Eden Prairie 55344
Job: Med Mgt--Case Management
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Sep 21, 2018, 1:57:38 PM
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. Need an accommodation? Email: SeeYourself@cigna.com